Over the past 15 weeks nothing has been easy. From drinking a glass of milk to showering, everything has been a challenge. My patience is worn thin daily with what was once the most basic of tasks. However, I know that I have made it this far thanks to one very special person…my fiancé Mindy.Now for those of you who know me personally, I think you can sympathize a bit with her.
Picture this…
The day before your engagement photos, your fiancé calls you and tells you to meet him at the hospital because he’s a dumb ass and he broke his leg.
The Dr. then informs you that you will need to reschedule your entire wedding because of that same broken leg.
You are then told that you must take care of a 28 year old stubborn male, who can not bath himself, feed himself or even get himself out of bed.
Take all that and top it with my impatience and “type A” personality and that is what Mindy has had to deal with for the past 15 weeks. I don’t think many of you would last very long. However, never once has she complained about the inconvenience my stupidity has caused. Even in my darkest hours, and there have been plenty, she was always there right by my side trying to find a positive outlook on things.
Words can not describe just how grateful I am to have her. Usually I would make a joke and say something like, she is lucky I found her, but the reality is that I am lucky she found me.
The day before your engagement photos, your fiancé calls you and tells you to meet him at the hospital because he’s a dumb ass and he broke his leg.
The Dr. then informs you that you will need to reschedule your entire wedding because of that same broken leg.
You are then told that you must take care of a 28 year old stubborn male, who can not bath himself, feed himself or even get himself out of bed.
Take all that and top it with my impatience and “type A” personality and that is what Mindy has had to deal with for the past 15 weeks. I don’t think many of you would last very long. However, never once has she complained about the inconvenience my stupidity has caused. Even in my darkest hours, and there have been plenty, she was always there right by my side trying to find a positive outlook on things.
Words can not describe just how grateful I am to have her. Usually I would make a joke and say something like, she is lucky I found her, but the reality is that I am lucky she found me.

No comments:
Post a Comment