Sunday, July 27, 2008

Say It Right


While spending yet another mind numbing day around the house I happen to stumble upon a rather interesting blog from an old high school friend. Now normally I would avoid this type of blog, based on the fact that every post in someway relates back to her kids, however one of her posts caught my eye. http://www.happyhowcrofts.blogspot.com/

It is important to note that this story is laced with historical inaccuracies; however what truth there is just shows how smooth I can be. For this story to be told we must go back about 11 years to my junior year in High School. I, as is to be expected, was a handsome, charming and a bright young man with the whole world before me. Unfortunately, not everyone was as big of fan of me and I was of myself. One of my biggest critics was a young girl named Kristen. For reasons still unknown to me, she hated me with a pure unadulterated passion. Her hate for me was very vocal, as most everyone knew her true feelings about me. However, there came a day when I was approached by a group of girls who offered me a rather interesting challenge. They were willing to bet $40 that I could not get this girl who hated me to go out on a date. They said they would give me 2 weeks to accomplish this task. I laughed at this bet, what these girls failed to realize was that I had more charm than Prince Charming himself. Long story short, not only did I get her to go out with me; she also proclaimed that our date was the “best she had ever been on.” Now you may wonder what would cause a girl with such hate and discontent to change her views so drastically??? It’s hard to say; maybe it was my rugged good looks or dashing charisma. All I know is that after this date, my stock soared to near record highs and after that my dance card was always full…so to speak. Sadly for Kristen, I told her I had to move on, but that I wanted to stay friends. After she was finally done crying, she agreed and we have remained close friends since.

No comments: