
US Nevada 50 is truly the loneliest road in America. About once a quarter I find myself driving across Highway 50 heading to some forgotten town in nowhere Nevada. Most likely, none of you will get the opportunity to travel this road unless you either get lost or you like wasting your time in the rural Nevada desert. It’s not just the lack of traffic that makes this highway so lonesome…it’s more the lack of towns and signs of life along the way that truly makes this highway stand out. Knowing that you are most likely the only car and possibly person in a 25 mile radius gives you a rather ominous feeling. Despite the overwhelming feeling of isolation, I love it out here. As I look out over the horizon I can’t help but think that little has changed since the days of the Pony Express and what I am looking at is probably the same view they saw as they raced across the desert.
1 comment:
I'm thinking that this would be the perfect place to stalk some deer and jump out of a tree right onto one...where you would grip onto its neck for dear life and kill it by pinching the kinakota (or however in the hell you spell it)
Post a Comment