
So this starts what will hopefully be a long list of posts in regards to my VW Class 11 Baja project. For those of you not familiar with Desert/Baja Racing, Class 11 means racing Stock VW Beetles. Now I’m sure to most, racing over 500 miles in the desert is a stock Volkswagen doesn’t sounds all that fun, but I figure since I lack the funds and talent for anything larger or faster, it’s as good as place as any to start.
The picture I have posted is what I am hoping my end result will be. I’m currently in negotiations with the owner of a rusted out 1969 Beetle and a builder to help me with the project (soon to be Father-in-Law). Since I have limited funds and even more limited skills in rebuilding a VW, this just might be another perfect storm and lands me back in the hospital. Well, I’ve already met my deductible for the year, so might as well take advantage of it.

No comments:
Post a Comment