Today marks 6 weeks since I broke my leg and what a long 6 weeks it’s been. As you can see from the x-ray, my leg is still very broken; however there is improvement from the last x-ray. My Dr said that I have another 4 weeks in the hard cast (though looking at this latest x-ray, I have a belief it will be longer than that) and another 6-8 weeks in a walking cast.
As time slowly ticks away I believe that I am starting to come to terms with how bad my break really was. When I was in the hospital no one really prepared me for the task that lay ahead. Maybe it was the large amounts of Morphine or possibly me just trying to think optimistically, but they lead me to believe that after 6 weeks in a cast they would take it off and I would be back to normal. From what I am told now, there my never be a “normal.” No one really tells you about the pain that you will go through, even weeks after the accident or the helplessness you feel trying to get around and do once simple tasks. Anytime I go anywhere my route needs to be planned out like that of the Presidential motorcade. I’m a patient man, that’s what enduring 8 months in an Iraqi prison camp will do to you, but these last 6 weeks have really seemed longer than usual.
Don’t read this as me being negative. Trust me, I’m doing my best to stay positive, but at times it’s hard when you stare down a calendar only to realize you have another 10-12 weeks.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment