Sunday, June 29, 2008

You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here





Since its been decided, not by me of course, that this years 4th of July family party will be over at my house, I figured this is as good as time as any to show you my new home. I won’t bore you with the frustrating process of home building; all I can say is that in the future, I will think twice before I have another house built.It has now been 4 months since we moved in and I still don’t truly feel “moved in.” This is partly because 2 weeks after the movers dropped off our stuff, my appendix ruptured and then a month and 4 days after that I broke my leg. Yeah…hasn’t been the greatest year when it comes to pain.

Nevertheless, I love the home. Though stairs have proven to be a bit of a challenge as you can see from my pervious post, the house is everything that I have wanted it to be.

However with the party being at my new house this year, I am finding myself having some reservations about the whole family party thing (I think anxiety is a better word). I guess the problem is my house just isn’t kid friendly. Not to mention the kids that are coming over are absolute terrors. I’ve fought against Nicaraguan Rebels more tame than these kids. Now it’s not that I don’t like kids, when properly medicated I think that can be great. It’s just that the kids in question are a bit on the rowdy side. So as the 4th approaches I can only cross my fingers and hope for the best knowing all too well that their behavior is well beyond my control.

No comments: